Disabling your laptop keyboard is not a hard done task at all. However, it should only be done if you want to repair something that has broken down. Or, if you have an externally customized keyboard, that you are excited to pair up with your laptop.
Every Windows version has some different ways of disabling the laptop keyboard. We will keep things simple and try the most common methods. Because the reason I am here is to help you in disabling the keyboard and not making the process hassle-free for you.
Give a read to our easy as pie guide and then you will have your laptop keyboard disabled in a flash.
- Step By Step Guide On How To Disable Laptop Keyboard:
- Some Extra Things That You Need To Know:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- My Two Cents:
Step By Step Guide On How To Disable Laptop Keyboard:
Do you want to try using your own external keyboard that you have customized with so much passion? Or does your laptop need a thorough clean up? Well, you might want to disable the keyboard for these reasons. Disabling your laptop keyboard is not a very gruesome task. Just bear with me through this article and apply these amazingly accurate solutions.
How to disable laptop keyboard windows 10:
Let’s first discuss the windows 10 method as it is the most common operating OS. It’s 2021 right? Chances of someone using Windows 7, 8 are quite low. Nevertheless, you can learn the easy how to disable laptop keyboard windows 10 by following the steps below:
- In the dialog box to the bottom left of your screen, type “Device Manager” and open the first settings that appear. It will direct you to the device manager.
- Scroll down in the device manager to find the “keyboards” tab.
- Click on it and you will find your laptop’s original keyboard by its name.
- Right-click on the name, and click on the settings “uninstall device”
- Click “Yes” on the popup appearing in the next window and here we go, the laptop’s keyboard should not be working at this point
One thing which you should keep in mind is to keep an extra pair of keyboard with you before applying this method. So, that once the laptop’s keyboard is put to sleep, you can start using your favorite customized keyboard.
How to disable laptop keyboard permanently windows 7:
Disabling the laptop keyboard in Windows 7 is quite similar to Windows 10. The only major differences are the interface differences between windows 10 and 7. Check out the steps below on how to disable laptop keyboard windows 7
- In the start menu of your laptop, search “Device Manager”.
- Open device manager under the settings of the control panel. It will redirect you to another window with so many settings being projected at you.
- All, you have to look up for is Keyboards. After you find it, right-click on it and you will be able to see your laptop keyboard driver.
- Right-click on the driver and press uninstall the keyboard.
- There you have it, we are done. Now, just restart the computer so that the settings can work properly.
Some Extra Things That You Need To Know:
Check the list of some best laptops for typing with soft keyboard:
How to turn On-screen keyboard on and off:
An on-screen keyboard is also an effective tool provided by Windows 10. You can also type with the help of this keyboard in case you do not want to use your external keyboard set up.
- Simply press the Win + Ctrl + O keys together to toggle on or off the smart-onscreen keyboard at any time.
How to disable laptop keyboard keys:
You might be wondering that I am going to drag you through some settings again to make this work. You are thinking wrong my friend. The answer lies in downloading a great free tool called Simple Disable Key. Follow the steps written below to disable your individual laptop keyboard keys.
- On the web search, Simple Disable Key and download the latest version of the tool.
- Now you have to select the option appearing by the name Key.
- Simply press the key that you want to disable.
- Click on the Add Key tab appearing on the screen.
- From the popup opened, select if you want to disable the laptop key while using some applications or at all times.
- Now press ok to finish the process.
You may also watch the video:
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do I temporarily disable my laptop keyboard?
Disabling the laptop keyboard temporarily is straightforward. You can also learn how to disable laptop keyboard keys temporarily. Both of these queries are answered in the article.
2. Is it possible to disable the laptop keyboard?
Yes, it is entirely possible to disable the laptop keyboard. It can be done temporarily and permanently.
3. How do I disable my laptop keyboard Windows 10?
You can disable the laptop’s keyboard by following the device manager method. That I have written for you, in the paragraphs above.
My Two Cents:
That is it from my side; hopefully, this precise article will be of great help to you. The tips and methods, I have mentioned here are the most commonly use. I expect them to work every 8 out of 10 times. If you have any queries, feel free to ask me at all times.
You can also share your feedback about improving this article further so we can make further changes to it. Thanks!