In this age of rapid technological growth, our laptop computers have become an instrument that is important for work, communication, and enjoyment. This is because of the quick advancement of technology.
On the other side, if you run into an annoying problem with your laptop, such as a blank screen, it can bring your productivity to a sudden halt, leaving you searching for answers while you try to figure out what the problem is.
Regardless of how skilled or inexperienced a user you are, finding a solution to this problem could make you feel anxious. This is true even if you have done something similar before. But you need not be afraid!
In this blog, we will take you through the necessary procedures to repair the dreaded black screen that has arrived on your laptop. This guide will help you get your laptop working properly again.
Also, if you want to know how to connect the hotspot on the laptop, please view How to Connect Hotspot on the Laptop.
Thanks to this, you will be able to regain control of your computer and resume your job in the shortest amount of time feasible if you are ready to get rid of the gloom and restore your laptop’s display to its former splendor.
Let’s study the available choices and figure out what’s causing the problem with the black screen on your laptop.
How to Fix Black Screen on Laptop Windows 10
- Check to see that the power supply for the laptop is properly connected and operating correctly.
- To power off the laptop, press the button labeled “Power.”
- Before continuing, disconnect any external devices linked to the laptop, such as external monitors or USB drives.
- If possible, take the battery out of the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for approximately 15 seconds to discharge any lingering power.
- If the battery is disconnected, you should reconnect it to the laptop.
- Turn on the laptop after you have plugged in the power supply.
- If the black screen does not go away, you can try connecting an external monitor to the laptop and seeing whether the display appears.
- If the problem can be replicated on an external monitor, it is likely caused by a malfunction in the display or graphics driver of the laptop. Continue with the process of updating the graphics driver.
- Press the X key while holding the Windows key, then select “Device Manager.”
- The “Display adapters” section should be expanded.
- To update the driver for the graphics card, right-click on the driver’s icon and select “Update driver.”
- Select the option to do an automated search for drivers that have been updated.
- To finish installing the driver update, make sure to follow the directions that appear on the screen.
- Try restarting the laptop and seeing whether the problem with the black screen persists when you do so.
- If the issue continues, you can test whether the laptop can be started in Safe Mode.
- Restart the laptop and press the F8 key until the Windows logo is displayed.
- From the menu of Advanced Boot Options, select the “Safe Mode” option.
- While in Safe Mode, open the Device Manager and remove the graphics driver from your computer.
- Restart the portable computer, and Windows will automatically reinstall the driver for you.
- If the problem with the black screen continues to occur, a system restore may be required.
- Restart the laptop and press the F8 key until the Windows logo is displayed.
- Choose “Repair Your Computer” from the menu of Advanced Boot Options to fix your computer.
- Select “Troubleshoot” from the menu, then “Advanced options.”
- Choose the “System Restore” option, then select a restore point created before the black screen issue occurs.
- To finish the process of restoring the system, follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
If none of those mentioned earlier options are successful, your only other option is to seek additional assistance from a qualified specialist or get in touch with technical support.
How to Fix Black Screen on Laptop Windows 11
- Check to see if the power is turned on for the laptop and if the screen is receiving electricity.
- To prevent the screen’s brightness from being reduced to its minimum setting, use the keys on your keyboard designated for adjusting the brightness level.
- To determine whether or not the laptop displays anything, connect it to an external monitor. If it does, the problem may lie with the display on the laptop.
- To restart the laptop, press and hold the power button until it shuts down, and then switch it back on after it has finished restarting.
- If the laptop computer’s battery can be removed, do so now. Then, unhook the power adapter and press and hold the power button for approximately 15 seconds.
- The next step is to check whether the screen will turn on once you have reinserted the battery and plugged in the power adapter.
- After disconnecting any external devices or peripherals linked to the laptop, such as external monitors or USB devices, you should restart the laptop.
- If none of the actions outlined above are successful, you can attempt to boot the laptop into Safe Mode by pressing the power button and clicking the F8 key repeatedly.
- If the screen is functional when you switch to Safe Mode, the issue may be related to a driver or software issue.
- You can update the driver for the graphics card by going to the manufacturer’s website and downloading the most recent driver for the graphics card on your laptop.
- Carry out a system restore on your laptop to return its configuration to a functioning condition. The Control Panel contains a System Restore tool that you can use to accomplish this.
When all else fails, you might have no choice but to get in touch with the customer service department of the laptop’s manufacturer or take it to a professional repair agency.
How to Fix Black Line on Laptop Screen
- Connecting an extra monitor to your laptop will allow you to see if the black line results from a software problem. The screen may be broken if the line doesn’t show up when you connect your laptop to an external display.
- Get the most recent version of your graphics drivers. Download the latest drivers for your laptop’s model from the maker’s website.
- You might try restarting your laptop to see if it removes the black line. A restart may be all that’s needed to fix a momentary hiccup.
- Use a microfiber cloth to gently wipe the screen clean of any debris or streaks that could be triggering the line.
- If the stripe still appears after doing so, try a different screen resolution. To try if changing the screen’s resolution helps the line, right-click the desktop and select “Display settings” (or a similar option).
- Make that the screen is physically connected to the laptop. Check that both ends of the video cable (VGA, HDMI, DisplayPort, etc.) are firmly attached.
- If the line persists, try touching the screen’s edges. Loose connections can cause display problems, and a quick application of pressure may solve the issue momentarily.
If the solutions mentioned above don’t work, the black line may result from a hardware malfunction. You should seek further assistance from the manufacturer or take your laptop to a qualified technician in such a circumstance.
How to Fix Black Spot on Laptop Screen
- Check to see if the black spot on the screen is produced by a physical object (such as dirt, dust, or a dead pixel), and if so, remove the offending object.
- Put the laptop into sleep mode and remove it from its power supply.
- To remove any traces of dirt or dust from the screen, carefully wipe it with a lint-free, soft cloth.
- If the spot does not disappear, you should use a specialized screen cleaning solution and follow the directions provided by the manufacturer.
- If the area contains dead pixels, you can bring them back to life using a pixel-fixing program or an internet tool.
- If none of the methods described above are successful, the problem may lie with the hardware. In that scenario, you should seek the assistance of a qualified technician or get in touch with the support team for the laptop maker for more assistance.
If the problem cannot be fixed and using the laptop is considerably impaired, consider purchasing a new screen.
If your mouse cursor got frozen, then here is the solution post. Please check How to Unfreeze a Mouse on a Laptop.
Fixing a black screen on a laptop can be an incredibly irritating experience; however, if you follow the appropriate troubleshooting steps, the issue can almost always be fixed.
You can discover the underlying problem and take the necessary steps if you analyze the various reasons, including software issues, hardware problems, or driver incompatibilities.
Always verify the power connections and make any necessary adjustments to the display settings before going on to more complicated problems. If the issue continues, seek expert assistance or contact the laptop maker’s support team. Both of these options may provide additional guidance.
You can overcome the black screen issue and restore your laptop’s functioning with patience and a systematic approach.