Nothing can be more exasperating than having a glitchy internet, which keeps on lagging your computer work. Turns out that having a slow-paced Wi-Fi is never a really good option in continuous computing.
So in that case, you can help yourself by increasing the Wi-Fi speed of your laptop; and for that, you need to be aware of all the tips and tricks that’d help you find out how to increase Wi-Fi speed in laptop.
On that note, we are here with a comprehensive guide in this regard. Down below are all the major steps that you can undergo to increase the internet speed in your laptop. Make sure to check them out, in order to avoid further inconvenience.
That said, let’s get straight to it:
- How to Increase Wi-Fi Internet Speed in Laptop?
- How to Increase Wi-Fi Speed in Laptop Using CMD?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
How to Increase Wi-Fi Internet Speed in Laptop?
At times you just can’t figure out the easiest possible way to boost your laptop’s wireless internet connection. So for those, the below-listed actions can be a true game-changer in this regard. Check them out:
Turn Off Background Applications
First and foremost, the major element of lagging Wi-Fi speed is none other than the running of background applications. All the unopened or background apps use the bandwidth, which results in slow internet speed.
So in order to avoid that, complete the following steps:
- Open the Settings Panel in your laptop and scroll to the option of privacy.
- Tap on that and navigate the Background Applications option on the window.
- On the left side of the menu, tap on the options to turn all the background applications off.
Clear Cache and Temporary Files
In order to know how to increase Wi-Fi speed in laptop Windows 10, the following method would be helpful. Let’s have a look at that:
- First of all, navigate Settings on your laptop and open it up.
- Tap on System, then go to the Storage panel and see how to free up space.
- After that, clean up all the temporary files by simply clicking on the Clear Now button.
- This will clear all the temporary files and all the browsing data from your Windows 10 laptop you’ll be able to boost your internet’s speed to maximum.
Disconnect Wi-Fi in Network Sharing Center
Here comes another simple yet crucial step to make sure that your Wi-Fi speeds up. That’s done by simply disconnecting your Wi-Fi in the network sharing center. As a result of that, it will disconnect various network connections of your Wi-Fi and enable easy access management to your network.
On that note, let’s get straight to the main point, and see how you can manage your network sharing settings:
- Firstly, open up the Network and Sharing Center in your laptop’s settings panel.
- Move the cursor to the left side and change the adapter settings there.
- Tap on Ethernet settings and disconnect all the connections. Lastly, wrap it up all by simply resetting your internet.
You can also read why does my laptop keep disconnecting from Wi-Fi?
Now that we’ve mentioned the most common and important ways of increasing Wi-Fi speed in your laptop, let’s have an eye on the other possible ways of doing it as well. So here we go:
- Deactivate Windows Update services.
- Connect up your laptop with the router again to see if the connection gets stronger than before or not.
- Place your router in an open place in order to make sure that it catches signals faster.
- Use contemporary Wi-Fi technologies.
How to Increase Wi-Fi Speed in Laptop Using CMD?
Following are the ways to increase Wi-Fi speed in laptops using cmd. This will even help you know how to increase Wi-Fi download speed in laptop.
So without further ado, let’s get down to this:
The first thing you can do in this regard is to change or renew your IP address. This will solve a lot of your problems and hence give you a way prominent increase in Wi-Fi speed.
That being said, the second thing you can do in this context is to clear all the DNS resolver cache. This will make the process of connecting to websites easier.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to boost Wi-Fi speed in a laptop?
There can a number of ways that can help you speed up your Wi-Fi in your laptop. One of the common ways is to close all the applications running in the background. Other than that, cleaning up all the temporary files and cache can also boost Wi-Fi speeds.
That being said, some of the other ways are as follows: connecting Wi-Fi in Network and Sharing Center, deactivating Windows updates, reconnecting the router, and many others.
2. How to speed up wireless internet on laptop?
One of the simplest techniques to make your wireless internet faster is to change the placement of your router. This will have a clear impact on its overall performance. Other than that, you can get an Ethernet cable, a Wi-Fi extender, or simply manage the connections of the network, in order to minimize its bandwidth usage, hence increasing speed.
3. How can I increase internet speed on my laptop?
As simple as it may sound, sitting closer to your internet device can surely have an impact on its speed. Apart from that, using an Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi connection can also be helpful in this regard. Apart from that, that’s pretty much similar to how to increase Wi-Fi hotspot speed in laptops.
4. How do I check my Wi-Fi speed on my laptop?
First of all, navigate the Network and Internet menu in your laptop’s control panel. Drag the mouse down to ‘Network and Sharing Center’, and tap on that. Find your Wi-Fi name there, click on it, and view your Wi-Fi status in the new window.
Here comes the conclusion to this brief yet comprehensive guide on how to increase Wi-Fi internet speed in laptop. By taking a few precautionary measures, you can avoid a lot of inconveniences; for instance, slow internet. So make sure to take care of all the above-mentioned aspects and have a hassle-free experience.